MOV was started in May of 2001 as an evolution of the men's ministry at DWO and a continuation of a divine mandate that Pastor Giber, then Elder Gibert, had been pursuing since his early twenties. MOV has branch and affiliate organizations in the following locations: Killeen , Texas ; Cleveland , Ohio ; Chicago , Illinois ; and Windsor , Ontario . MOV is designed to create strong families and in turn strong churches. MOV assists DWO by encouraging men to serve in the body where their personal gifting is best sided or needed for the advancement of the church.
The vision of Men of Valor is to:
- Establish a Christian men's organization of undeniable strength and effectiveness anchored in DWO by provided contemporary discipleship and growth opportunities for men in Courage, Chivalry, Ability and Substance.
- Create and support adjunct ministries for outreach and personal growth.
- Establish a commitment/identification system so that men can constructively challenge themselves to grow and "know those that labor among us".
- Establish a network of men's ministries around the nation/world of like faith and purpose.
- Develop and execute national events and media efforts to edify the men in the body of Christ.
- Build and maintain a monument to Christian manhood - "The Hall of Valor" that will allow all men of high Christian Commitment to be remembered.
- Accellerate the dominance of the body of Christ and the fulfillment of the tri-fold mandate: "Seek and save those who are lost, Destroy the works of the devil, and to Live the abundant life."
Men of Valor was established so that men in the Body of Christ could develop undeniable manifestation fo purpose, priority and kingdom power through personal development in biblical courage, chivalry, ability and substance. MOV accomplishes this by providing contemporary discipleshp and growth opportunities for men as well as a commitment system in which men are provided::
- A roadmap to increasing commitment and growth in the 12 principles of MOV.
- An opportunity to create a foundation for identification, relationships and consistent growth.
- A culture that recognizes the contribution and commitment of every man in the Body of Christ.
- MOV Bible Study on a regular schedule of the 2 nd , 3 rd , and 4 th Saturdays of each month at 8am.
- Circles of Strength - small group fellowship (6-12 men).
- Dedicated to Destiny men's conferences
- Valor Jam - athletic outreach events
- Armed and Ready - development and rites of passage for young men (still in development)
- Iron Sharpens Iron - counsel and fellowship with those of like calling
- MOV commitment system
- FIST (Faithfulness, Integrity, Stewardship, Trust)
- Integrity in relationships with women (Sexual integrity, Strange Woman, Courtship)
- Prosperity: Wealth building
- Deceitfulness of riches, Budgeting, Sowing & Reaping, and Stewardship
- The Pillar principles of MOV are the following
- Courage: The boldness to face life and the pursuit of destiny with a steadfast confidence in God and His word
- Chivalry: To govern relationships by the Word of God especially those with women.
- Ability: To have ever-increasing personal ability enabled by the grace and principles of God's Word.
- Substance: To be men of substance, not fooled by the deceitfulness of riches but ever increasing in Kingdom resources.
12 Principles of MOV
- To build enduring Christian families by being examples of love, headship, pattern, provision, and purpose
- To be a driving force behind the tri-fold purpose of the church: seek and save that which is lost; destroy the works of the devil; live the abundant life.
- To destroy racial and economic barriers with quality relationships, such that we model the unity that god desires in the body of Christ.
- To break strongholds such that we operate in liberty and successfully pursue destiny.
- To live lives of diligence based on biblical principles.
- To learn from others and each other such that we can inherit all of the promises of god.
- To be visible inspiring models of service to the vision and leadership of the church.
- To be knowledgeable of the Word of God such that we can live successful lives based on its principles.
- To be aggressive men of faith, systematically pursuing the promises of god.
- To be men of such Christ-like character, relationship, and ability that we are considered men of a different name.
- To walk in the wisdom of God such that we can act in that wisdom in personal as well as corporate crisis situations - producing constant victory.
- To command the attention and respect of the world through our character, service and substance, such that men come to repentance.